In Association with
In Association with
Tree Surgeons Norwich & Norfolk
We would like to thank you for taking the time to visit our website and give you an insight into who we are, what tree services we offer and the ethics and morals of an eco-conscious tree surgeon business.
We are based in central Norfolk, in the quiet village of Hoveton and have been providing tree surgeon services in Norwich & Norfolk for over 20 years. We have grown from a one-man band to a fully operational team of 5-8 employees.
We have gained a reputation for being highly knowledgable tree surgeons and we have built an impressive portfolio of clients both domestic and commercial customers.
Target Trees have been leaders in the arborist industry in the Norwich and Norfolk area for both domestic and commercial tree surgery services. Our services include hedge cutting and trimming, tree planting, garden waste clearance, tree management, stump grinding and tree surveys and much more.
Target trees employ tree surgeons who are trained to the very highest standards and led by Ian flatters who has over 20 years of experience and is at the very top of his profession.
We hold the following qualifications:
- Arboricultural Impact Assessment (AIA)
- Arboricultural Method Statement
- BS5837 Surveys
- First Aid
- Fully Qualified Tree Consultant
- Fully Qualified Tree Surgeon
- GIS /GPS Tree Plotting
- Insurance liability
- Loler Inspector
- Mortgage Tree Reports
- PAL card
- Tree Constraints Plan (TCP)
- Tree Impact Plan
- Tree Surveys
- Waste certificate
8 great tips to consider when employing a tree surgeon
When looking for a tree surgeon in Norwich, you should be looking for a company or individual to carry specific credentials to completely protect yourself in the event of a problem occurring. You are completely within your rights to ask about the company accreditations and the type of qualifications that they possess.
- Ask your tree surgeon if they possess accreditations and are linked or approved by any bodies or membership schemes, such as the Arb Association or arbapproved.com
- Get a detailed quote from your tree surgeon that you are considering and feel free to bring up any issues or questions to the quote that you do not understand
- If you want complete satisfaction hen you should probably hire a specialist (Arborist) who will be able to cover every single aspect of tree surgery
- Do they carry an up to date loler inspectors certificate (This is a certificate which proves that they have had their equipment annually checked for safety)
- Make sure that you fully understand who will be on your property and get familiar with your tree surgeon to establish a clear understanding of all works to be completed including time scales
- Does your tree surgeon carry a waste carriers license? Your tree surgeon should carry this and please be aware if your tree surgeon can not provide proof of this license
- The National Proficiency Tests Council (NPTC) is the new level of tree surgeon competence, formerly City & Guilds Group. If your tree surgeon does not carry this card to prove they have been tested, then please be aware as this is an industry-standard level which should be the minimum requirement to prove a tree surgeon’s abilities.
- First aid at work, in the most worst-case scenario, the first aider on-site is essential to minimise the effects of a potential medical issue.
What services should you expect from your local tree surgeon?
A tree surgeon is a professional who specialises in the care and maintenance of trees. They are trained to diagnose and treat issues that trees may face, as well as to remove trees that are beyond repair or pose a danger to people or property. Tree surgeons offer a variety of services, including pruning, tree removal, planting, and emergency tree care.
One of the most common services provided by tree surgeons is pruning. Pruning involves carefully removing branches from a tree in order to improve its shape, structure, and health. There are several reasons why a tree may need to be pruned.
For example, if a tree has branches that are diseased or dead, removing them can help prevent the spread of the problem to the rest of the tree. Pruning can also help to improve the aesthetic appearance of a tree, as well as to increase the amount of sunlight and air circulation that reaches the tree’s leaves. Another important service provided by tree surgeons is tree removal.
There are many reasons why a tree may need to be removed, such as if it is dying or poses a safety hazard. Tree surgeons are trained to remove trees in a safe and controlled manner, using specialised equipment and techniques.
They are also able to assess the risks associated with removing a tree and take the necessary precautions to minimise those risks. In addition to pruning and tree removal, tree surgeons also offer planting services.
If you are planning to add trees to your property, a tree surgeon can help you choose the right species for your location and provide guidance on how to properly plant and care for the trees. They can also help with the design and layout of your landscaping, ensuring that the trees are positioned in a way that maximises their health and beauty.
Another important service provided by tree surgeons is emergency tree care. If a tree has been damaged in a storm or other natural disaster, a tree surgeon can assess the damage and determine the best course of action. This may include removing damaged branches or even the entire tree, if necessary. Tree surgeons are also equipped to handle dangerous or hazardous situations, such as if a tree has fallen on a power line or is blocking a roadway.
Overall, tree surgeons offer a wide range of services to help ensure the health and safety of trees. Whether you need routine pruning, tree removal, planting, or emergency tree care, a tree surgeon can provide the expertise and equipment needed to get the job done.
In addition to these standard services, your tree surgeon may be further qualified which would then be considered as an arborist, arborists are able to take on advanced tree surgeon skills which involve larger or more specific demands. These include such specialist services such as forestry management, tree surveys for land & building development and mortgage reports.
Tree Surgeon (FAQ’s) Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What services does Target Trees offer as a tree surgeon in Norwich? A: Target Trees provides a range of tree surgery services in Norwich, including tree pruning, tree removal, stump grinding, tree planting, and tree health assessments.
- Q: Are the arborists at Target Trees qualified and experienced? A: Yes, all our arborists at Target Trees are highly qualified and experienced professionals. They have the necessary certifications and expertise to handle tree surgery tasks safely and efficiently.
- Q: Is Target Trees an insured tree surgery company? A: Absolutely! Target Trees is fully insured, giving our clients peace of mind knowing that they are protected against any unforeseen incidents or damages that may occur during our tree surgery operations.
- Q: How much does tree surgery cost in Norwich? A: The cost of tree surgery can vary depending on various factors such as the size of the tree, the complexity of the job, and the specific services required. At Target Trees, we offer free quotations and on-site assessments to provide accurate pricing for our tree surgery services.
- Q: Does Target Trees offer emergency tree services in Norwich? A: Yes, we understand that emergencies can arise, and we offer 24/7 emergency tree services in Norwich. Our team is ready to respond promptly to any urgent tree-related issues you may have.
- Q: Will Target Trees take care of the tree debris and waste after completing the tree surgery? A: Absolutely! As part of our service, Target Trees ensures that all tree debris and waste generated during the tree surgery process are removed and properly disposed of. Leaving your property clean and tidy is our priority.
- Q: Does Target Trees comply with local regulations and obtain necessary permissions for tree work? A: Yes, we are well-versed in the local regulations and always obtain the necessary permissions, permits, or notifications required for tree work in Norwich. You can rely on us to handle all the legal aspects professionally.
- Q: Can Target Trees provide advice on tree maintenance and care? A: Certainly! At Target Trees, we not only provide tree surgery services but also offer expert advice on tree maintenance, care, and disease prevention. We can guide you on how to keep your trees healthy and thriving.
- Q: How long does it take for Target Trees to complete a typical tree surgery job? A: The duration of a tree surgery job can vary depending on factors such as the size of the tree, the complexity of the task, and weather conditions. We assess each project individually and provide you with a timeframe during our initial consultation.
- Q: How do I schedule a consultation or request a quote from Target Trees in Norwich? A: Scheduling a consultation or obtaining a quote from Target Trees is easy. You can reach us by phone at 01603 916154 or through our website’s contact form (just above these faq’s). Simply provide us with your details, and our friendly team will be in touch to assist you promptly
TRUSTED – RELIABLE – AFFORDABLE
We are trusted & rated by our customers
Target Trees was established in 2009 by Ian Flatters who has a wealth of knowledge and a genuine passion for his job. Here at Target we are not your average tree company, due to our specialist equipment, skill set, training and machines which allows us to complete much higher volumes of work throughout the day.Our dedicated team allows us to not only carryout all aspects of tree works from tree removal to pruning but we are also able to provide an experienced and qualified consultancy.
Ian Flatters, Target Trees